Last Aug 1 & 2 we had our prenuptial shots. It was 2 hectic days of unending movements...walking, running, posing, smiling, pouting, lying, bringing out those emotions,pretending :). Kudos to 'hyper' Sean and jolly' Kaye for the wonderful and exciting experience(being artista!)...hahaha.
Here are some of the prenup photos as teasers. I tell you this is just 1/500 shots by Sean and Kaye...so 'gorgeous' pics. Enjoy!
I forgot to include...here is sean's site, pls. do check it out:
For those who are planning their wedding,in case you don't know the answers to questions such as:
1. What will be the motiff?
2. What will be the design of the invites?
3. What will be the design of the reception place?
4. What will be the give aways?
5. What is the flow of the program?
It will be a lot easier (to answer such questions) if you decide upon a central theme.
We came up with our wedding theme, with the purpose of making it easier to plan and execute the event.
Our wedding theme, revolves around us being 'musicians'. Us breathing and making music. Coherently, we decided on a "Musical Festival" theme wedding. We don't want to pin it down to a particular genre since we love all types of music.
Everything in our wedding will be a remnant of this theme. Our very own 'WEDSTOCK'.
A rundown of the scoresheet for the best wedding gig venue. The lower the score the better.
1. The Eco Park, Naga City
Amount of work to be done - 10 pts. The place looks like a rainforest,its so bare that even the most equiped/creative event stylist would sigh in disbelief. Put together rain contingencies,lighting effects, mosquito and other insect repellants,supplier logistics, comfort rooms etc...
Bucks consideration - 7 pts. The place can be rented in a relatively cheap rate (5k-6k). What makes it 7 pts is that it is not bundled with the caterers,we could have saved 5k-6k if it was. We also need to consider the amount of decorations to be thrown in the budget.
Can it relate to our theme? - 5 pts. Since the place itself is bare, we can have all the freedom to transform it to anything that we like plus it has a beautiful stage which can pass as a perfect harmony of rock concert feel and decency. Also worth mentioning, the place is more of a Mid Summer Nights Dream feel.
Perks - 8pts. Only the discount that was given to K because of the blood relationship with the caretaker.
All in all 30pts.
2. The Club House, Jardin Real de Naga
Amount of work to be done - 6pts. This place was made for this type of functions, so the layout is pretty impresive and well planned out.The only decorations left to be done are the table settings plus transforming it to the 'theme' that we envisioned. Also, the space is just right for the planned number of guests.
Bucks consideration - 3pt. This place is for free, because it's already bundled with the food. The only costs is for the additional event styling.
Can it relate to our theme? - 5pts. This will depend upon our events stylist,since the place is ready for anything. Except of course for the extended time of partying and merrymaking, which might cause distrubance to surrounding areas(this is situated inside a private subdivision).Throw in the PA setup,stage, black balloons,kiddie station,vines of all sorts,etc..
Perks - 3pts. Are your kidding?This place is for free...What additional perks could you ask for.Plus the 'special discount' that we got from our Caterer.
All in all 15 pts. ;)
3. The Villas at CWC Sports Complex
Amount of work to be done - 7pts. The place is big, so it needs a hefty amount of decoration requirements. But similar to The Clubhouse, this structure was made for this type of functions.
Bucks consideration - 4pts. Although the place is for free,since it is bundled with the food, the cost of styling and decorating the place may eat up a significant portion of the budget.
Can it relate our theme? - 2pt. Hell yeah! We can put up large PA systems, concert-like stages and we can decorate it to be the Big I'nk Event venue and nobody in the neighborhood will care.
Perks - 2pts. Aside from the 0 cost consideration, it is strategically located in the heart of CWC, guests can enjoy both the event and wakeboarding/swimming etc...
We started planning out our wedding 1st quarter of 2008(that's more than a year before the I'nK event..talk about planning!). And one of the very first decisions that we need to come up with is the reception venue. We had a couple of options but we ended up torn between this 2 places..ops pahabol 3 places pala:
1. Naga City's Eco Park which is situated in Bgy San Felipe
2. The Clubhouse, Jardin Real de Naga
3. The Villa in Cam Sur Water Complex
How will we decide? Let's evaluate it based on:
1. Amount of work(beautification) to be done. 10 pts needs a lot of work to done and 1pt no work to be done.
2. Bucks consideration. 10 pts for costly and 1pt practical
3. Can it relate to our 'theme'? 10 pts is not supportive of our theme and 1pt as a perfect match.
4. Perks..perks...perks...10pts no perks at all and 1 pt perks perks and perks...
While looking for the perfect place to exchange our I Dos, we were caught between these 2 magnificent churches in Naga City. Metropolitan Cathedral vs Basilica Minore Church
Why Basilica Minore Church?
This is actually our first choice because of several reasons:
1. The place is so solemn which gives you an 'airy' and 'heavenly' feeling.
2. The place is so tranquil, one cannot here noisy rumblings of tricycles,jeeps,cars, etc...
3. It also gives you a certain privacy since it is not situated in the heart of the city.You can be saved from prying eyes and ears of ususeros.( It is a 15 minute ride from 'centro')
4. The audio system is good.
5. The church itself is spacious and well lighted.
Why not Basilica Minore Church?
1. They do not accept early bookings. We went there Nov 2008, which is 9 months before the wedding, to book the event but they said they are not yet accepting bookings for August 2009. (Maybe they are not keen on couples who wanted to prepare everything in advance)
2. The church is still under construction.
3. I was pretty sold to the idea that Basilica can pull it off beautifully in pictures but when we went there to take a look at the interiors, we saw some pillar moldings that is under construction. When i asked my tita who worked as an Engineer there, i was a bit disappointed as she was not even sure when will the completion date be. They are still awaiting donations for future months :(
4. We went there during an actual wedding ceremony just to estimate how much work is needed in decorating the church. And i am quite disappointed that even the most beautiful flowers adorning the isles and the altar cannot pull off the empty and plain space of the church.The church is way too big and the background is so plain that it eats up all the decorations in the church.
5. The lights are like those in the mall. I don't know the implications but i think in pictures it flattens the subjects??.
InK have decided to have the event on August 8, 2009.Next question, what's the significance of the date?
Actually there are several practical reasons for having August 8 as our wedding day. Below are just partial listing:
1. Because both of us are born in the month of August.( but that doesn't make us belong to a similar zodiac sign, I is a Leo and K is a Virgo). It's quite practical to have all the celebrations in August lumped into a one Big Celebration. Although the date of the Big Event every Aug is negotiable, Aug 9 is I's b-day while Aug 26 is K's b-day and our wedding (anniversary) is Aug 8.
2. It is said that 8 and 9 is a lucky number. 8 is for August,8 is the actual date while 9 is for 2009.
3. We wanted the day to be Saturday. So that guests coming from Manila are on a weekend-off.